1. Mozambique has some of the most pristine dive sites in the world. The reefs of the Bazaruto Archipelago are home to over 1200 species of marine creatures including the rare Dugong.
2. With over 2500km of un-spoilt beaches Mozambique is the ideal secluded beach destination.
3. The deep channels that flow off the coast of Mozambique offer some of the best Big Game Fishing for Marlin and Sail Fish in the world.
4. Gold, slaves, Ivory and Pirates! Ilha de Mozambique and Ibo Island have long and fascinating histories and visitors can learn about the intriguing past of this coastline.
5. Beautiful tropical Islands. The Bazaruto and Quirimbas Archipelagos are some of the most romantic and secluded beach destinations in the world - ideal for a honeymoon.
6. Mozambique is also famous for the quality of its fresh seafood. The Portuguese influence is felt in dishes such as Peri-Peri (hot and spicy) Prawns and Peri-Peri Chicken.
7. Fantastic artwork - the northern regions of Mozambique are famous for their crafts, including sculptures produced by the Makondo people. Lots or art work depicts traditional beliefs, the struggle for independence and the civil war.
8. The Gorongosa National Park is one of the wildest and unspoilt national parks in Africa where visitors can have a true wilderness experience.
9. Music - as well as its great crafts Mozambique is famous for its traditional music, especially its marimba bands. Modern Mozambican music has been likened to Reggae and Calypso.
10. There are many great community projects and eco friendly developments that will appeal to the socially conscious and green travellers.