This 6-day Bazaruto Island Family Holiday is the ultimate beach holiday to the idyllic Bazaruto Archipelago. Child-friendly activities and equipment, as well as a play room, will keep your kids entertained.
Bazaruto Island Family Holiday Experience
Enjoy a variety of organised and independent activities and tours. Immerse yourself in the spice of island life.
A great child-friendly activity is teaching the children to snorkel, while Mom and Dad can dive some of the most beautiful reefs in the world which teem with a great diversity of life.
Go horse riding along the beach. Explore the Bazaruto National Park. Delve into local culture with a village visit. Relax by the resort pool or have a revitalising wellness treatment at the spa. Relax and go for long walks on endless pristine white beaches and sip on refreshing cocktails while admiring the view over the Azure Ocean. Choose from a wide range of water sports and experience for yourself one of the world’s best fishing and diving hot spots.
Bazaruto Island Family Holiday Highlights
- Fully inclusive of meals, drinks and select activities
- Stay at a bustling and vibrant resort on Bazaruto Island
- Let the kids loose in the children entertainment room and swimming pool
- Choose from a variety of child-friendly activities
- Enjoy snorkelling, deep sea fishing, water skiing and wakeboarding
- Set out in search of dolphins on a traditional dhow boat
- Delight in sumptuous beach barbeques under the stars
- Create tastes of island life with professional cooking classes
Day 1: Travel to Bazaruto Archipelago
On the first morning of your Mozambique Family Holiday, you will catch a scheduled flight from Johannesburg to Vilanculos. After completing immigration a boat transfer takes you to your home for the next few days. After a refreshing welcome drink, there will be time to settle into your bungalow and perhaps have a swim in the warm blue waters of the Ocean.
Great entertainment for children is learning to snorkel in the Coral Gardens just off the beach. Mom and Dad can sip refreshing cocktails while on a sunset Dhow cruise in the bay. In the evening savour delicious cosmopolitan style meals in the hotel restaurant which has fantastic ocean views.
Days 2 - 5: Island Fun
Spend the next few days exploring this beautiful Bazaruto Island. Explore the bay while out in paddle boats and canoes. Enjoy optional child-friendly activities such as water skiing and Hobie Cat sailing in front of the lodge.
Head out on a snorkelling trip to Paradise Island. Seeing Dolphins during boating excursions is great entertainment for kids. Perhaps climb the sand dunes or visit the lakes in the centre of the island which is home to Crocodiles.
Enjoy an exciting birding trip while canoeing through the mangrove swamps - you may even see Samango Monkeys. Go for lazy walks on the pristine white beaches, swimming in the warm waters of the ocean or pools and sip on refreshing cocktails.
Perhaps climb the sand dunes or visit the lakes in the centre of the island which is home to Crocodiles. Enjoy an exciting birding trip while canoeing through the mangrove swamps - you may even see Samango Monkeys.
Go for lazy walks on the pristine white beaches, swimming in the warm waters of the ocean or pools and sip on refreshing cocktails.
Day 6: Return to Reality
On the final morning of your Island Resort Getaway Package, enjoy a swim before having a tasty breakfast. Then you will be taken to the boat landing where a boat transfer will take you back to Vilanculos.
- Return scheduled flights from/to Johannesburg and Vilanculos
- Return boat transfers from/to Vilanculos and Bazaruto Island
- 5 nights’ accommodation in a two bedroomed Villa at Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Select house drinks including soft drinks, bottled water, tea, coffee, house wines, local beer and house spirits
- 30-minute mystery spa treatment
- Daily scheduled snorkelling trip to Neptune’s Nursery (weather permitting)
- Island drives
- Non-motorised water sport activities
- Access to fitness centre, tennis courts, beach volleyball, qolf course (innovative cross between golf and croquet), children entertainment room, family swimming pool and adult only swimming pool
- Spa treatments not mentioned above
- Laundry, room service and premium branded drinks
- Motorised water sports activities, horse riding and other optional activities to be settled directly