Access to Sunset Lodge, Inhambane, Mozambique
The comfortable Sunset Lodge is located in the historical town of Inhambane, Mozambique.
This coastal town has a long history, and was “discovered” by Arab traders in the 15th century. Vasco da Gama started a trading station, and that has become Inhambane, Mozambique. Inhambane was dubbed by Vasco da Gama as "Terra da Boa Gente" - the land of the Gentle People! Other interesting nearby destinations include Tofo and the Lighthouse.
The town has a wonderful cultural atmosphere, and most of the shops are still owned by the descendants of the first Arabic traders. The town is growing and is clean and safe to walk around in. All the major attractions in town are close by so you can easily see them all in a day, including an interesting museum.
Directions to Sunset Lodge
Although 4x4 vehicles are not a necessity, guests are advised to travel in a 4x4 or 2x4 vehicle with diff lock. It is not advisable to come in a regular car. A raised 4x4 or vehicle with a diff-lock will give guests the freedom to explore the beautiful area, and get directly to the lodge without hassle.
- From the Komatiepoort (Resano Garcia) border gate it is under a 100km (62 miles) to Maputo.
- Upon entering Maputo follow the “Xai Xai” direction boards. Passing through you will encounter a very rough part of Maputo where roads and traffic rules are a concern.
- Leaving Maputo behind continue straight on the “EN1”
- Continue through Xai Xai
- At “Lindela” a definite split in the road appears with no indicators - take the right hand side as it leads to Inhambane. (The left goes to Maxixe)
- Once you are in Inhambane follow the directions to Tofo
- At Bar Barbalaza continue straight on the tar road. Before the T junction at the end of the road, you will see the Sunset Lodge sign on the left hand side
- Turn right and just up the road turn left into Sunset Lodge
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions