Mozambique Travel Guide to Inhaca Island
Inhaca Island in Mozambique is a great escape just off the mainland and easily accessed from Maputo for day trips or longer. This island destination is family friendly and enjoyed by watersport fans. The diving and snorkelling is very good in the Mozambique Channel on the Santa Maria reefs with underwater caves found at The Wall and numerous sunken wrecks.
Inhaca (pronounced “In-ya-ca”) Island
- From Maputo - flight (15 minutes); ferry (3 hours)
- Inhaca Airport
- Great diving and snorkelling destination; beaches; Maritime Museum; the Lighthouse; scenery and protected forest; wildlife
- All kinds of watersports; fishing; boat trips; sunset cruises; picnics
- Portuguese Island (beautiful beaches and lagoon); dive sites at Santa Maria and The Wall also wreck dives.
- The experience
- There are interesting things to do and see on the island and visitors can also stop in at the local village and pick up some mementos. Just off Inhaca Island in Mozambique is Portuguese Island, a beautiful deserted jewel with magnificent beaches and a lagoon which is ideal for windsurfing and the like. Inhaca is a year round Mozambique holiday destination with less humid temperatures April - September in the drier months.
Enquiries / Questions